Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular essential oils used in aromatherapy but have you ever wondered what it actually does?
Lavender essential oil is most famously known for its soothing and calming properties which is why it is often used in sleep products, but in fact Lavender is one of the most versatile of the essential oils and is so much more than a sleep therapy!
Here are some things you may not know about the power of Lavender!
- Lavender has a calming effect on the nervous system and therefore can help to alleviate stress, anxiety and fatigue.
- Lavender helps to calm the mind and body and so helps to promote a better night’s sleep.
- Lavender is packed with antioxidants and so makes a perfect addition to any skincare formulation and can be used to help treat skin irritations.
- Lavender has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which can help to heal minor burns and bites.
- Lavender’s anti-inflammatory properties can also help to ease sore muscles, aches and pains.
Now it’s easy to understand why Aroma Home use a little Lavender Essential Oil in so many products! The addition of Lavender Essential Oil to Body Wraps will aid the heat therapy in easing aches and pains, and the few drops added to the Microwaveable Hotties will help to calm and soothe little ones before bed.
I’m now off to stock up on this little gem, have you got yours?